cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CiscoWorks ANI Server ERROR

terry.nolan
Level 1
Level 1

I have recently changed the IP and Host name of our Ciscoworks server. All services seem OK, except the ANI server. (What a surprise after reading some posts!)

I have done all the steps involved according to Cisco after you alter the name and IP, but still the ANI is not working.

Error messages received,

ERROR RECEIVED

AniWrapper>>analyze(SYSTEM)

Server Named: ANIServer4.2-hqsnms02 on port: 14004

Also when I try to view my SNMP settings, I get an error, anisnmp.conf cannot be read?

Any ideas, as I do not feel like spending several weeks rebuilding the server!

Thanks

Terry

10 Replies 10

thomas.chen
Level 6
Level 6

You may not be able to view setting from a client. But in the server's cli you should be able to do it.

Make sure you have done steps told for both IP Address change and Hostname change.

IP Address Change:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/cscowork/ps3996/products_user_guide_chapter09186a008017b74c.html#wp1078369

Hostname Changes:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/cscowork/ps3996/products_user_guide_chapter09186a008017b74c.html#wp1078582

You can also refer to the ANI Server troubleshooting guide

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/cscowork/ps563/products_tech_note09186a0080094ec0.shtml

I have all three documents and followed the steps involved. Still no joy in getting the ANI server working, all other section work fine?

The SNMP settings are in Cisco Works, ANI server admin, snmp settings, then I get the error?

Cheers

Terry

shansuresh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Terry,

I am also experincing the same problem as you are, but i did not change the IP address.

ERROR RECEIVED

AniWrapper>>analyze(SYSTEM)

Server Named: ANIServer4.2-XXXXXXX on port: 14004

Have you found the sollution to it?

No! I have tried all the links above, but am still getting the error, and the ANI server is still not running.......

Hi Terry,

What I found was that another service was using port 14004. I changed the ANIServer port in /opt/CSCOpx/campus/etc/cwsi/ANIServer.properties and restarted dmgtd and up it came.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Tania

Thanks for the input, checked but not so lucky as to cure......Rebuild....... :-(

shansuresh
Level 1
Level 1

Do you think by rebuilding the server would fix this problem.

I hope so, because I have tried everything else.....

scott.bussell
Level 1
Level 1

I too had the AniWrapper 14004 issue. I have the LMS 2.2 Suite installed on a dual-nic server and even though I am not using the second nic yet, I needed to complete the following steps as if it were a multi-homed server.

Stop the CW2000 processes by issueing the following command from a DOS window CLI:

Solaris: /etc/init.d/dmgtd stop

Windows: net stop crmdmgtd

Rename the gatekeeper.ior file, located in the following directory:

Solaris: /opt/CSCOpx/www/classpath

Windows: $NMSROOT\CSCOpx\www\classpath

Start the CW2000 processes by issueing the following command from a DOS window CLI:

Solaris: /etc/init.d/dmgtd start

Windows: net start crmdmgtd

Hope this works for you.

Thanks for the advice, tried but did not cure fault :-)