cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CiscoWorks: How to upgrade RME 4.3.0 &LMS 3.2?

raza555
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

Please tell me the procedure to upgrade from RME 4.3.0 to latest software, I think its RME 4.3.1. Where I can find this software?

Also tell me the procedure to upgrade from LMS 3.2 to LMS 3.2.1 or other latest software. Where I can find this software?

Please advice if I upgrade to LMS 3.2.1 then it will get automatically upgrade to LMS 4.3.1 or I have manually upgrade the RME 4.3.0.

Currently we have purchased license for 10,000 devices RME 4.3.0 & LMS 3.2.

THANKS

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can download and initiate minor version upgrades from within the application (assuming you have Internet connectivity from the LMS server and are a registered CCO user). Doing so will bring your LMS 3.2 (with RME and other components) up to current levels in the LMS 3 release. (i.e., LMS 3.2.1, RME 4.3.1 etc.) You will also want to download and apply any applicable package updates for RME, Campus Manager, CiscoView etc. These are device- (and device class- ) specific updates that add support for new devices and sometimes add functionality to management of existing devices.

I assume you are aware that LMS 4.x is the current version - not LMS 3.x. An upgrade from LMS 3 to LMS 4 is a major release and requires one purchase the upgrade SKU. For a 3.x to 4.0 upgrade, the recommended procedure is to back up your data and perform a fresh install of LMS 4.0.1. One can then restore the data that was backed up under LMS 3.2.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can download and initiate minor version upgrades from within the application (assuming you have Internet connectivity from the LMS server and are a registered CCO user). Doing so will bring your LMS 3.2 (with RME and other components) up to current levels in the LMS 3 release. (i.e., LMS 3.2.1, RME 4.3.1 etc.) You will also want to download and apply any applicable package updates for RME, Campus Manager, CiscoView etc. These are device- (and device class- ) specific updates that add support for new devices and sometimes add functionality to management of existing devices.

I assume you are aware that LMS 4.x is the current version - not LMS 3.x. An upgrade from LMS 3 to LMS 4 is a major release and requires one purchase the upgrade SKU. For a 3.x to 4.0 upgrade, the recommended procedure is to back up your data and perform a fresh install of LMS 4.0.1. One can then restore the data that was backed up under LMS 3.2.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for all useful informations.

Our LMS is not connected to internet and currently we are not planning to upgrade to LMS4. Please give the location from where I can download the LMS 3.2.1.

I have CCO account. Thanks

You should be able to find LMS 3.2.1 (for Windows) here:

http://www.cisco.com/cisco/software/release.html?mdfid=282635181&flowid=16561&softwareid=280775102&os=Windows&release=3.2.1&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

If that link doesn't work for you, try navigating the tree as a logged in user down from the support home page (http://www.cisco.com/cisco/web/support/index.html) "Download Software" task via selecting it and then:

Products
Network Management and Automation
Routing and Switching Management
Network Management Solutions
CiscoWorks LAN Management Solution 3.2 and earlier
CiscoWorks Lan Management Solution 3.2
CiscoWorks LMS Software
Windows-3.2.1

You can then download and transfer the dowloaded file onto your CiscoWorks host for local installation.

Thanks for reply again.

Please advise me that can I upgrade to LMS 3.2.2 and RME 4.2.2 from my current status i.e.LMS 3.2 & RME 4.3.0.  Or do I have to first upgrade to LMS 3.2.1 / RME 4.3.1 and then to LMS 3.2.2 / RME 4.3.2.

Actually I just now come to know about this new version

I'm not sure where you are seeing LMS 3.2.2 - the link I posted shows 3.2.1 as the latest 3.x release for both Windows and Solaris platforms.

In any case the updates are cumulative - there is no need to apply the intermediate updates as they are rolled into the latest one.