Views
Helpful
Replies

ciscoworks hum interface poller error

secureIT
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Ciscosupport,

when i create a poller for interface utilization and add 1 or 2 interfaces and click on finish button im getting the below error in the browser.

im having ie-7 with java build 1.6.0_24-b07...CAN YOU PLS TRY TO HELP ME...Attached the screenshot of the lms bundle versions..
-------

error:-

HTTP Status 500 -

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

type Exception report

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

java.lang.NullPointerException
com.cisco.nm.upm.pollermgmt.PollerMgmtServerUtil.modifyPoller(PollerMgmtServerUtil.java:1443)
com.cisco.nm.upm.pollermgmt.UPMPollerManagerSvc.modifyPoller(UPMPollerManagerSvc.java:178)
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
com.cisco.nm.xms.ctm.common.CTMRequestProcessor.executeCall(CTMRequestProcessor.java:546)
com.cisco.nm.xms.ctm.common.CTMRequestProcessor.handleRequest(CTMRequestProcessor.java:240)
com.cisco.nm.xms.ctm.server.CTMServer.execute(CTMServer.java:399)
com.cisco.nm.xms.ctm.server.TCPChannel.executeTask(TCPChannel.java:87)
com.cisco.nm.xms.ctm.server.ThreadPool.run(ThreadPool.java:72)
java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the Apache Tomcat/5.5.29 logs.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache Tomcat/5.5.29

1 Reply 1

secureIT
Level 4
Level 4

Dear All,

I have resolved the above problem by following the below procedure.

step-1

HUM log recovery has been done, but problem still persisted.

net stop crmdmgtd

deleted upm (hum) log file from the location NMSROOT\databases\cmf\upm.log

NMSROOT\objects\db\win32\dbsrv10.exe -f NMSROOT\databases\cmf\upm.db --> the database was set to forced closed (i.e. indicating that there are no more pending transactions)

step-2

net stop crmdmgtd

NMSROOT\bin\perl.exe NMSROOT\bin\dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=upm dmprefix=UPM --> reinitialized the HUM database

net start crmdmgtd

Now I am successfully able to create the interface utilization poller in HUM.

Please rate this thread if it is useful of anyone..

regards

Rajesh P

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card