Views
Helpful
Replies

CiscoWorks LMS 4.0.1 + Catalyst 3750X - User Tracking Issue

Ferenc Kuris
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

We just deployed some Catalyst 3750X-48PF-L switches. I noticed that the user tracking report doesn't work normally.

The switches have C3KX-10Gb NM modules, and all access port are 1 Gbit. But in the User Tracking report, I see devices found on Fa0/43 for example (this is because the previous switch was a Catalyst 2960. I deleted the old switch and add the new 3750X, so this could not be the cause of the problem).

I installed all the patches that are available for LMS 4.0.1.

Could anybody help me please?

Thanks in advance!

1 Reply 1

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Any old entries won't automatically be removed until they age out (I believe 90 days is the default time). You can override / modify that by going in to Admin > Network > Purge Settings > User Tracking Purge Policy.

If that fails, you could re-initaitlize the User Tracking db and re-run a Major Acquisition to refresh everything but that would also have the effect of deleting all historical UT entries you may want to keep.

To reinitialize a db, please see the procedures posted here. ANI is the db used by User Tracking.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: