Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ciscoworks LMS 4.1 Manual Device Update

Hi All,

I'm trying to make Device Center - device update on LMS 4.1 manually,since i have issue with the Web GUI. So the requirement is need to update latest packages for Cisco4500 series. But i'm struck with the some points listed below

1. Which files to be downloaded in order to update the latest device package for Cat4500 switches.

2. And the procedure to update using psucli.bat utility from cli.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

CB

6 Replies 6

Vinod Arya
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I will try to tell the simplest procedure, which is :

> Download all the device packages Ciscoworks finds eligible to be updated

> Update it from LMS Server CLI.

You can use the server SSH CLI on Solaris Server or Command prompt on Windows Server.

Following is the procedure :

To check and download all packages available for Inventory and Config Mgmt module (previously RME):

Windows :

C:\Program Files\CSCOpx\bin>PSUCli.bat -p rme -download -dst "c:\psu_download" -all

**REPLACE C:\Program Files\CSCOpx with your installation directory.

Solaris:

/opt/CSCOpx/bin/Psucli.sh -p rme -download -dst /opt/CSCOpx/psu_download -all

**REPLACE /opt/CSCOpx with your installation directory.

When all the device pkgs are downloaded, they will be under rme folder in /$/psu_download directory.

To install the downloaded packages :

Windows :

C:\Program Files\CSCOpx\bin>PSUCli.bat -p rme -install -src "c:\psu_download\rme" -all

**REPLACE C:\Program Files\CSCOpx with your installation directory.

Solaris:

/opt/CSCOpx/bin/Psucli.sh -p rme -install -src /opt/CSCOpx/psu_download/rme -all

**REPLACE /opt/CSCOpx with your installation directory.

You can mention the Source or Destination directory as per your preference. Device packages to a perticular paltform will have something related to the platform, like for 4500, this same 45xx etc should be used in the nomenclature.

A single device packages is usually dependent on other helpful device packages, and individual device package installation may fail often, so install all what are available from cisco.com automoatically is a good choice.

-Thanks

Vinod

**Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

Vinod Arya
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Additionally you can check the documentation on using the Software Center CLI Utility for any further reference and confusion from :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_lan_management_solution/4.1/user/guide/admin/swcenter.html#wp1097214

-Thanks

Vinod

Hi Vinod,

Thanks for your prompt reply and suggestion.

I will update on this by carrying out the mentioned steps.

Regards,

Channa

Hi Vinod,

I had one more query regarding the package downloads.

Can we download all these packages from cisco site directly and perform an upgrade with locally available packages on

the machine ???

Because there is some issue with the internet connection for LMS server. In this case do i have any other option.

Regards,

Channa

Yes you can download device packages from cisco.com and copy them to server and use CLI or GUI to install.

For LMS 4.1 COnfig and Image Mgmt device packages are available here :

http://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=283882189&flowid=37206&softwareid=283418817&release=SharedDcmaIOS(2.7.5)&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

-Thanks

Vinod

Hi,

We have added new switch in our network and same has to be added in the LMS as well. but there is some issue after successfully adding the cat4510 switch in the LMS.

- The device discovered itself once added in the DCR ,connectivity and snmp communication is fine.

Issue : We are trying to create an poller for the cat4510R switch. during fetching the instances its throwing an error[instance error - attached].

Device Details :

Model No :WS-C4510R+E

Supervisor :WS-X45-SUP7-E

IOS :

Cisco IOS Software, IOS-XE Software, Catalyst 4500 L3 Switch Software (cat4500e-UNIVERSAL-M), Version 03.04.00.SG RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc3)

i have tried by making an device update but no luck,even after update LMS failed to fetch instance from this particular device.

Regards,

Channa