cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CiscoWorks Net Config failure

g.hammond
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to use the netconfig feature under RME to push some configurations. I have all of the right settings for telnet/enable passwords in the database. Also have the correct SNMP communities configured on both CW and the devices. When I go to push the config changes, I get the following error:

Total number of devices = 1

<<< Update Failed (1) >>>

*** Device Details for 10.200.0.250***Transport==>Telnet***

Device failed during update.

===> Update Result: failed

Error: PGM_NM=Configuration Archive:6377:TYPE=unassigned message type::Resource d:/PROGRA~1/CSCOpx/files/archive/config/21/20060405025034running.cfg was checked by another user under application Function Id:302 - Config Editor

Cause: PGM_NM=Configuration Archive:6378:TYPE=unassigned message type::The resource was already checked out.

Action: Only one user can checkout a resource.

Error: PGM_NM=Configuration Archive:6377:TYPE=unassigned message type::Resource d:/PROGRA~1/CSCOpx/files/archive/config/21/20060405025034running.cfg was checked by another user under application Function Id:302 - Config Editor

Cause: PGM_NM=Configuration Archive:6378:TYPE=unassigned message type::The resource was already checked out.

Action: Only one user can checkout a resource.

- CLI Output -

I'm not sure why it is saying that the running config is checked out because I know that no one is even logged into this switch. How can the running.cfg be "checked out".

3 Replies 3

David Stanford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

From the messages here it looks like a Config Editor job with the ID 302 once ran for this device and checked out the config and possibly never checked it back in. Can you look at the jobs and see if that job shows running, failed or another status?

Which version of RME are you running btw?

nhabib
Level 9
Level 9

It is saying that Config Editor has the config locked

If you are on RME 3.x, go to RME -> Config Management -> Config Editor

Then go to Tools -> List Checked Out Files

The file probably shows up there. If so, check it back in and try the NetConfig job again.

Thanks!! That fixed it.