Views
Helpful
Replies

CLI Analyzer multicast capture issue

Larry Sullivan
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

Having a bit of trouble capturing an inbound multicast stream via CLI analyzer.

G0/0/3 = WAN

G0/0/1.5 = Video subinterface

I've tried configuring the capture on G0/0/3 with the source 0.0.0.0/0 and destination 10.10.10.10 which is on the LAN off the Video subinterface.  When I do this I only get captures of other devices that are outputting multicast to the G0/0/3. 

When I set up the G0/0/1.5 with source 0.0.0.0 and same 10.10.10.10 destination I get the multicast OUTPUT of that device which is just a turnaround of what it is receiving via the G0/0/3 WAN interface. 

Long story short I can not seem to be able to capture the G0/0/3 input multicast feed that is going to the 10.10.10.10 device on the LAN.  Anyone have experience capturing multicast that knows of any gotchas or standards for capturing multicast?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Larry Sullivan
Level 3
Level 3

Pretty sure I figured it out.  Source needs to be SSM source IP and destination needs to be multicast group.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Larry Sullivan
Level 3
Level 3

Pretty sure I figured it out.  Source needs to be SSM source IP and destination needs to be multicast group.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: