Views
Helpful
Replies

CLI template creator with variables - where to start

isaacalves27
Level 1
Level 1

Hello people !

I would like to be able to create a template that checks a device hostname and  takes actions according to it - my goal is to enable Energy Wise Domains - one for every location.

If I could have LMS4.2 to check the hostname of the device then would be easy to attribute the device to the aproppriate domain.

Exam.

Device hostname AAAA_switch1 - Domain 1

Device hostname AAAA_switch2 - Domain 1

Device hostname BBBB_switch1 - Domain 2

I have read several threads about this but I am not being able to understand where is the best place to start.

Any help would be most apprecciated and will be rewarded with the deserved points

Thanks in advance

Isaac

1 Reply 1

isaacalves27
Level 1
Level 1

Hello again

I am moving forward on my quest and hope that someone will give me a hand at some point   - these are my first steps on XML on LMS so I'll probably do some not so clever remarks.

Anyway to start I have created a cli template and exported it - that way I would have an XML file with the correct structure - I thought :).

Even if I dont do any changes and try so simply import to LMS the file created on the template I get the error message:

"Template import Failed. Unable to parse the XML file.Please ensure that the XML file is complaint to the schema."

Any ideas on what could be causing this?

many thanks

Isaac

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: