Views
Helpful
Replies

CM topology service for multiple users

baotran09
Level 1
Level 1

My CW is authenticate through ACS.

We have multple users access the topology services, i believed the topology view settings is locally as it is java based, therefore each user has differnt topology view?

I want to enable topology service (network diagram) so all users have the same view? Is it possible? If so, how?

5 Replies 5

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I believe there are only two ways to do this.

You can either:

a. Directly manipulate the user-specific files that define the CM Topology layout (not recommended and not Cisco-supported), or

b. Create a common surrogate ID for users to use which has the desired CM Topology view nicely laid out and customized. Users logged in via that ID, however, have the capability to change the layout while they're in there.

This is a bit of a shortcoming of the program but there you have it.

Where is the user-specific files that define CM topology layout located?

Thanks

Those files are filed in a directory per user under your server's CSCOpx\campus\etc\users folder. They are XML files and I don't believe their schema is published as they are not intended for direct customer manipulation. Manipulate them at your own risk.

My CM topology service is a mess.

I have a strange problem with CM topology diagram. The problem is that some devices display incorrect host name, however, it show the correct IP address when I change the display to IP. Im using local host file to display device's name. DCR identity shows correct idendity (display name and IP). Any ideas?

Also, when I right click on the diagram, there is a list of functions, e.g ciscoview, but none of the function work. Im using Java platform 1.6.0_17. I right click, select the function and nothing happen. ANy ideas?

Thanks.

Your version of Java may be the root of some of your issues. See this posting: https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/2010413#2010413

In general, LMS is pretty particular about Java versions. Newer  is not necessarily better for LMS and may even break it.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card