cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CNA 5.5 java.lang.NullPointerException

iwelsh
Level 1
Level 1

We are getting the above java error when trying to update switch settings via Configure -> Ports -> Port Settings in Cisco Network Assistant. The switch is a WS-C2960-24PC-L with a 12.2 (44)SE1-LAN-BASE IOS image.

The full error is:

java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.cisco.cpnm.features.dsbu.c3750e.port.PowerPoliceUpdaterVisitor.visitBase(PowerPoliceUpdaterVisitor.java:126)

at com.cisco.cpnm.features.dsbu.c3750e.port.PowerPoliceUpdaterVisitor.visit(PowerPoliceUpdaterVisitor.java:277)

at com.cisco.cpnm.features.dsbu.c3750e.port.PowerPoliceAdminTableRow.accept(PowerPoliceAdminTableRow.java:156)

at com.cisco.cpnm.features.dsbu.c3750e.port.PowerPolicePortConfigUi$PortStatusTask.sendConfigCommands(PowerPolicePortConfigUi.java:335)

at com.cisco.cpnm.frmwrk.gen.wd.WDContainer.sendConfigCommands(WDContainer.java:662)

at com.cisco.cpnm.frmwrk.gen.wd.WDContainer.sendConfigCommands(WDContainer.java:677)

at com.cisco.cpnm.frmwrk.gen.wd.WDContainer.sendConfigCommands(WDContainer.java:677)

at com.cisco.cpnm.frmwrk.gen.wd.WDTask$SetConfigRunnable.run(WDTask.java:1231)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

We can update other settings (e.g. VLANs via Switching -> VLANs but nothing via the Port Setting menu.

A couple of other coments.

1. We used to be able to make updates without problems on a previous CNA 5.5 install but have recently upgraded our network management PC and freshly installed CNA5.5 (we also tried the latest 5.7.6 with the same problems).

2. On of our other switches (a WS-C2960-24PC-L but with the 12.2(44) crypto image and with communication of https does not get the error (i.e. updates via Port Setting works).

Does anyone have any ideas what might be causing this?

Thanks in advance

Ian Welsh

iwelsh@harlaxton.ac.uk

4 Replies 4

rsatapat
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Sorry for late Responce.

I will try to reproduce this issue in my local setup and get back to you on this.

Thank you

Regards

Rupak

the issue is on the Catalyst 3750

rajevasu
Level 1
Level 1

HI,

We are not able to reproduce this issue in the following setup .

Version       : CNA 5.8.5

PID                : WS-C2960-8TC-L

SW version: 12.2(20130208:082457)

SW Image   : C2960-LANBASEK9-M

Could you please install latest version CNA5.8.5 and let us know if you are able to reproduce this issue.

Thanks & Regards

Rajesh Vasudevan

Hi!

I have the same trouble:

We buy new WS-C2960-24PC-L with 12.2(55)SE7-LAN-BASE-CRYPTO.

This swith was added to community and I begin edit port settings in Network Assistant.

But after press "Apply" button I see message "java.lang.nullpointerexception".

My settings wasn't applyed.

And I can't edit "Faulty Ports" parameters - this fields is  unavailable in "modify" table.

Network Assistant version is 5.8 (9.1), Java 7.51, Windows 7sp1 pro x64

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: