Views
Helpful
Replies

CNA Configuration Archive - devices missing

Pootytang
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings,

I'm using Cisco Network Assistant v6.3(4) and when I try to perform a configuration archive on all my devices, only a few are listed in the drop-down. All my devices are similar Catalyst switches so I would expect them all to be available for archive. Even two of the same models aren't consistent (one is listed, one is not). Is this a known issue?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

- Difficult to tell , check credentials on those switches and check if that matches the CNA setup. You may want to check the logs on the switch when backups are tried and also CNA activity logs. CNA is old and no longer supported , you may want to consider using Cisco Prime.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Note that modern switches are no longer supported  in CNA.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Thanks M,

although doesn't explain why only one of two 2960's would be available for backup.

Thanks again for the reply.

- Difficult to tell , check credentials on those switches and check if that matches the CNA setup. You may want to check the logs on the switch when backups are tried and also CNA activity logs. CNA is old and no longer supported , you may want to consider using Cisco Prime.

M.

Thanks M.,

The log makes no mention of the switches that fail to show up in the list. The switch logs don't offer any clues either.

I'll look into Cisco Prime. No sense in beating a dead horse!

Thanks again

Hello,

keep in mind the CNA is free...and Cisco Prime is VERY expensive...

All,

I found that re-discovering the community through the core switch was the main issue. I don't recall how I originally created the community but discovering via the core must not have been it. It also seems that CNA device discovery doesn't like Nexus. Seems they appear possibly through CDP but are not available when using Configuration Archive.

Georg,

the big $$$ are a no go! Thanks for the heads up!

Thanks to all who replied!

Hello,

are the non-listed switches in the same network as the listed switches ? Backup config problems in CNA often are related to FTP/TFTP access. Can you manually access the non-listed switches though FTO and/or TFTP from the PC CNA is installed on ?

Thanks Paul,

Switches are all in the same network. I can TFTP the backup from the command line successfully. Will likely go M's route and investigate Cisco Prime.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: