Views
Helpful
Replies

Common Services can't start Device Discovery

josemokun
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All!

I've just installed the application and I'm getting a lot of trouble trying to add a device either manually or via automatic discovery to my monitored devices...

Whenever I try to add a device with automatic discovery, I add the credentials (for a CUCM 7) and then go to schedule, select the IP for seed device and then run the discovery... I see an error that goes like:

<

An exception occurred while scheduling a discovery. Make sure System Identity user is configured with full privilege.

or

Please make sure that a schedule is specified and that the jrm process is running properly. If this problem persists, please restart jrm process by executing the following commands,

pdterm jrm

pdexec jrm

>

Then, I tried to go and Add the Device using the same credentials and got an error like:

<

Cannot add device.

See the

NMSROOT/.../TIS/DeviceManagement.log

file for more information.

>

I'm attaching this file so you can take a look...

I've restarted services (and even the server) tried to reinstall application but couldn't make it work... Have anyone seen anything like this? Is there something obvious I'm missing? This is the first time I mess around with an NMS product, I'm more related to Voice products, so I'm totally lost here...

Greetings...

Josemo

1 Reply 1

ngoldwat
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Without looking it sounds like a permissions related condition. 

1) What is the OS you are installing on? 

2) What version of software are you using?

3) Please attach the install log (found in C: on windows)

4) Please attach the output of 'pdshow -brief' at a command prompt

If Windows:

1) Ensure all 3rd party applications are shutdown/disabled when installing

2) Ensure you are using the *local* Administrator account

3) Ensure you meet the base requirements

Thanks