cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Compliance check with LMS 2.5

glenn.newman
Level 1
Level 1

Can somebody tell me if I am doing this correcctly. The RME Compliaance check is saying the device is compliant and I don't think it should. I have a baseline config with the line "+ service password-encryption", and a 3750 that has the line "no service password-encryption". The compliance job says that "1 of 1" devices are compliant. I have also tried checking the box that says "check and deploy".

2 Replies 2

smahbub
Level 6
Level 6

With the RME Baseline template and compliance check you can execute this functionality:

First identify a set of standardized policy-based commands that you want to have on a set of devices.

Then create Baseline templates with those set of commands identified. After creating the baseline

templates, you can accomplish following tasks.

Compare device configurations and generate a report that lists all the devices that are non-compliant

to the baseline template.

Deploy the baseline template to the same category of devices in the network.

Schedule a compliance check job and deploy the baseline template on to the devices.

http://www.cisco.com/application/pdf/en/us/guest/products/ps2425/c1244/cdccont_0900aecd8026ee8d.pdf

I followed these steps. From what I can tell there is a problem with the compliance check. I was able to do config distribution as merges and overwrites. Does anyone have the compliance check working with this version?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card