Views
Helpful
Replies

Config retrieve

jopetik09
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

There was a device in CiscoWorks and removed 3 days back.
Before the device was successfully archived inventory and config.

Is there any way to get the device config from old archive?

Jopeti.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jopeti,

To keep the Config of the device in Cisco works , you should always place the device in SUSPENDED state and then you can remove the device fron the network, this way you will have the old config , however if you just delete the device from cisco works all the relevant data associated with it will be  removed.

However you can check the below location for the device config: NMSROOT\CSCOpx\rme\dcma\shadow

OR NMSROOT\CSCOpx\rme\dcma\devfiles

Thanks

Afroj

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

View solution in original post

Jopeti,

I experienced the same, you can get the .cfg file from the above suggested path.
when you will open that with notepad it will looks like everything club.
So, Copy that file to another location and open by default you will get that opened in wordpad which will be looks clear and fine.

Please rate the helpfull posts.
Regards,
Naidu.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jopeti,

To keep the Config of the device in Cisco works , you should always place the device in SUSPENDED state and then you can remove the device fron the network, this way you will have the old config , however if you just delete the device from cisco works all the relevant data associated with it will be  removed.

However you can check the below location for the device config: NMSROOT\CSCOpx\rme\dcma\shadow

OR NMSROOT\CSCOpx\rme\dcma\devfiles

Thanks

Afroj

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Hi Afroj,

Thanks for the response.
I got the file in the provided path.
But it is in .cfg format.
So how i can get the config in clear text.
Can you tell me the step by step procedure if there is any leanthy one.

Jopeti.

Hi Jopeti,

Right click and open the file as open with  in NOTEPAD

Thanks

Afroj

Jopeti,

I experienced the same, you can get the .cfg file from the above suggested path.
when you will open that with notepad it will looks like everything club.
So, Copy that file to another location and open by default you will get that opened in wordpad which will be looks clear and fine.

Please rate the helpfull posts.
Regards,
Naidu.

Thanks guys....