cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuration Archive job times out (LMS 4.0)

paulnuffer
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I'm new to the Cisco community, and ciscoworks in particular. I've inherited a server running Ciscoworks LMS 4.0 to manage our plethora of switches.

Running 'Configuration > Configuration Archive > Synchronization' against a Catalyst 3750 switch called switch1 successfully retrieved the Running, Startup, and VLAN configs.

Running the same command the following day on switch1 failed and returned this in the job execution result:

Unable to get results of job execution for device. Retry the job after increasing the job result wait time using the option:Admin > Collection Settings > Config > Config Job Timeout Settings

I modified the job result wait time setting to be 600 seconds, tried again and received the same timeout failure. I have also seen this same Failed message on other devices, but have never actually received the configs for them, so I feel switch1 is a better place to start.

What are the first things I should check in CiscoWorks for a problem like this? Is there a particular software revision I should be on with LMS 4.0? What timeout value should be used for Archive Synchronization? This system has been running uncared for the past few months, so any maintenance suggestions would be appreciated as well

Thanks for your time!

Paul

1 Reply 1

paulnuffer
Level 1
Level 1

This was fixed, and it looks like I just needed to restart the suite:

net stop crmdmgtd

# wait a few minutes

net start crmdmgtd

# wait a few MORE minutes

All configuration archiving jobs are now completing successfully.

I assume something was hung that needed talking to, but I really couldn't say for sure.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card