Views
Helpful
Replies

copy command

kennis1977
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I wanted to execute a copy command on a different router automatically...

So what is want to do is copy tftp running-config: when i telnet from a different router.. this is easy to do with the event-manager and the auto-command

options..

However.. i'm facing one problem... after the command copy tftp://ip-addres/file  running-config is given it needs a conform enter......

is there some solutions that it not ask the conform enter??? or that i can give the enter together with the copy rule??

Or... is there some other option perhaps??

Thanksssss

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I think you're asking about the command:

file prompt quiet

If you configure that, you will not get a prompt for most file-based operations.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Hi,

Use can use tcl scripting.

Unfortunately, I don't have much experience in TCL scripting, so little googling while show you how to make one.

HTH,

Smitesh

Hi,

Thanks for you're reply..!!

Unfortainly tcl scripting is not allowed on the Access point.. but it is on the router...but then i cannot make a telnet session

to the accesspoint from there..

Not sure whether it is supported on Access point, but we could copy running config to tftp via SNMP. More information you could find at

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk648/tk362/technologies_configuration_example09186a0080094aa6.shtml

Svetlana

Ah ok... would be great if we can do this from the router console.. somehow..

for this a need a second device that is always running..

Yes indeed... this is something i was looking for...

i will test this command.. and let you know..

Thanks for you're reply...

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I think you're asking about the command:

file prompt quiet

If you configure that, you will not get a prompt for most file-based operations.

Yep... this is working great!!!

thanks again for you're reply!!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: