cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Could not detect protocols running on the device Command failedVLAN Config

stevejhale
Level 1
Level 1

LMS 2.6 with RME 4.0.6. I have around 10% of my devices saying partialy successful with the message:-

Could not detect protocols running on the device Command failedVLAN Config fetch is not supported using TFTP.

If I run the sync arcive it works fine on the date stamp update any ideas?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

This is known bug CSCsq66458. It will be fixed in RME 4.3 due out early this summer with LMS 3.2.

The workarounds are to upload a bogus vlan.dat file to the device, create a bogus file using the "vlan database" command, of simply ignore the partial failure for the VLAN config.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are these same two errors pertaining to the same device, or do you get the protocol error and vlan fetch error for different devices?

Sorry for the late response the error relates to the same device in all cases.

stevejhale
Level 1
Level 1

The output from failed device looks like this:-

1. Same Device name PRIMARY STARTUP May 06 2009 03:18:53 Successful

2. Same Device name PRIMARY RUNNING May 06 2009 03:19:40 Successful

3. Same Device name VLAN RUNNING May 06 2009 03:20:52 Could not detect protocols running on the device Command failedVLAN Config fetch is not supported using TFTP.

This points to a problem connecting to the device, and running the command:

copy flash:vlan.dat tftp:

Make sure that the username and password credentials for this device are valid in DCR, and make sure that the LMS server can establish either a telnet or SSH connection to this device. Does the vlan.dat file exist on this device?

vlan.dat is not found on the device? i do not know much about this file, can you suggest a "fix" for this issue?

Thanks

Steve

This is known bug CSCsq66458. It will be fixed in RME 4.3 due out early this summer with LMS 3.2.

The workarounds are to upload a bogus vlan.dat file to the device, create a bogus file using the "vlan database" command, of simply ignore the partial failure for the VLAN config.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: