Views
Helpful
Replies

Couldn't get NAM modules to work in PI1.2

kerim mohammed
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

I am running PI1.2 on ESXi5.0 and i couldnt get the NAM modules to register as data sources. I added the NAM modules to the PI1.2 and they are reachable and I also put the right HTTPS credentials. But, still i couldn't configure capture session on the PI. It just don't see the NAM modules as data source. Please, let me know if you got any advice.

Thanks,

Kerim

6 Replies 6

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Do you have Assurance license installed? That is a prerequisite to use NAM as a data source. Reference.

I am using the Evaluation License. I got some 40 days left. i have to see netflow and multiple NAM module mangement capabilities of the PI before purchasing the license.

I'm not sure the Assurance lilcense is included in the Evaluation version. I'd recommend sending a note to:

ask-prime-infrastructure@cisco.com

to inquire directly.

Thanks for the email address. i am going to contact them. But, i am not running the evaluation version. i have permanent base license installed. i just don't have the assurance license. Below is a screenshot indicating i have 32 days left.

Ok, I understand better now.

Sorry but I don't have one of those I can check on myself. Asking the team is probably the best approach.

Good luck,

I'm running PI1.2.1 in my lab and though I would try to do a packet capture from a NAM. It worked first time with very minimal config.

Make sure you have the NAM Health Monitoring template deployed.