Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CPI 3.0 report to view configuration on all devices

I need to pull out the configuration from all the switches in my network and am hoping this is possible by using Cisco Prime infrastructure.  I am not able to find anything that might do this under the Reports section.  Is there anyway of doing this or do I need to do this manually?

Thanks in advance.

--
Please remember to select a correct answer and rate helpful posts
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Marius,

There's no canned report for this task - imagine that! Prime LMS used to have the option of saving all the configs to a "shadow" directory which was relatively easy to copy off as and when you wished.

Prime Infrastructure has elected to put all of those bits only in its database structure. There is a kludgey process to drop into the root shell and query Oracle (the underlying db) to spit all of the configurations into a directory. It's posted elsewhere here on the Ask the experts thread as one of the TAC engineers shared it.

I do notice that 3.1 (not 3.0) has enhanced to API to include "GET BulkUnsanitizedConfigArchives". If you're feeling "scripty" you might give that a try - I haven't checked it out yet as I just came across in researching this reply. Details on the API documentation can be found here:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/cloud-systems-management/prime-infrastructure/products-programming-reference-guides-list.html

...or on your PI 3.1 server under help.

Update: I was able to pull up configs using the API. They are raw text without line breaks etc. Further study is required to make them into standard config files.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Marius,

There's no canned report for this task - imagine that! Prime LMS used to have the option of saving all the configs to a "shadow" directory which was relatively easy to copy off as and when you wished.

Prime Infrastructure has elected to put all of those bits only in its database structure. There is a kludgey process to drop into the root shell and query Oracle (the underlying db) to spit all of the configurations into a directory. It's posted elsewhere here on the Ask the experts thread as one of the TAC engineers shared it.

I do notice that 3.1 (not 3.0) has enhanced to API to include "GET BulkUnsanitizedConfigArchives". If you're feeling "scripty" you might give that a try - I haven't checked it out yet as I just came across in researching this reply. Details on the API documentation can be found here:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/cloud-systems-management/prime-infrastructure/products-programming-reference-guides-list.html

...or on your PI 3.1 server under help.

Update: I was able to pull up configs using the API. They are raw text without line breaks etc. Further study is required to make them into standard config files.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: