Views
Helpful
Replies

CSPC - XML upload problem

mhowarth
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

New to CSPC - we have a newly installed V2.7 collector.

I want to be able to put in large numbers of CIDR Ip ranges for the discovery process.

Having dug around a bit I find help to say that I should go into the discovery - setup a valid job - and then export it to use as a template.

This I have done - and changed a few parameters in the XML - then tried to submit it back into the discovery import.

All I am getting is the error below.

I have tried - C:\ only, no spaces in name.

Even when I try to load the recently exported file - same errror.

All help gratefully received,

thanks

Mike.

The XML file (as exported) is :

<DiscoveryJob identifier="DISCOVERY_JOB"><Description></Description><Schedule runnow="true"></Schedule><DiscoveryOptionsList><DiscoveryOptions><MgmtProtocolList><MgmtProtocol>snmpv2c</MgmtProtocol></MgmtProtocolList><useNmap>false</useNmap><doNotManageDevices>false</doNotManageDevices><useLoopBackIp>false</useLoopBackIp><Timeout>3</Timeout><IPRangeList><IPRange><Start>107.115.0.0</Start><End>107.115.255.255</End></IPRange><IPRange><Start>107.15.0.0</Start><End>107.15.255.255</End></IPRange></IPRangeList></DiscoveryOptions></DiscoveryOptionsList></DiscoveryJob>

2 images - 1st screen starting point - then the error screen.

Screen starting point.JPGError Message.JPG

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

iportuga
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

This thread should be posted in Smart Net Total Care section instead.

The reported error is a known bug: CSCvg04981 - CSPC GUI Discovery export>import xml is not working on 2.7

Regards,
Igor

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

iportuga
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

This thread should be posted in Smart Net Total Care section instead.

The reported error is a known bug: CSCvg04981 - CSPC GUI Discovery export>import xml is not working on 2.7

Regards,
Igor

Thanks Igor,

would you believe it !!!

Presume this one is a matter of waiting for next release and doing it the manual way for now then.

regards

Mike.