cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CW LMS 3.2 upgrade auf 4.1

ralfdechent
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I want to upgrade a Cisco Works LMS from version 3.2 to 4.1. Actually there is a 1500 device license in place. For the upgrade I need only 300 devices. Can I purchase the LMS41-300-UP-K9 to upgrade from CWLMS-3.2-1.5K-K9. What is neccesary (perhaps the install cd from the old version) during the installation process.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes, what you describe is a legitimate and supported upgrade path. The Installing and Migrating Guide covers everything you need to do in great detail. Please be sure to read and heed the prerequisites meticulously. If you follow it carefully you should have success.

Only the backup (assuming you want to migrate your devices and data) is necessary from the old installation. Cisco (or your reseller) validates your eligibility for the upgrade SKU. You will not be "tested" during the installation for the old license.

Good luck.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes, what you describe is a legitimate and supported upgrade path. The Installing and Migrating Guide covers everything you need to do in great detail. Please be sure to read and heed the prerequisites meticulously. If you follow it carefully you should have success.

Only the backup (assuming you want to migrate your devices and data) is necessary from the old installation. Cisco (or your reseller) validates your eligibility for the upgrade SKU. You will not be "tested" during the installation for the old license.

Good luck.

Hi, thanks for this helpful answer.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: