cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CWLMS 2.5 : Discovered Devices not DCR

mschurr
Level 1
Level 1

We used Campus Manager to discover the network. CM discovered all the devices in the network, but Data Collection failed. We saw that no devices are in DCR.

If I understand it well, the discovered devices should be automatically added to the DCR. ( Or did I misunderstand something ??)

10 Replies 10

sstudsdahl
Level 4
Level 4

Do you have LMS 2.5 setup in ACS mode? If so, do you have all of the devices defined within the ACS servers that you are talking to? Also, if you are in ACS mode, you can also check for devices that are not in the ACS server by running the "Devices that are not configured in ACS Report" located under the "Reports" section of "Device and Credentials" for "Common Services". I've found that devices I don't have in my ACS server are not added to the DCR.

Steve

I am having this problem as well. All of my devices are defined in ACS. The 'Devices that are not configured in ACS Report' does not have any devices, but neither does the 'Device List Report'. Any help will be much appreciated.

cmadoery
Level 1
Level 1

after installation of SP1 this problem was soved for me.

Christof

I have SP1 but I am still having same issue.

Hi Guys,

I've just encountered this problem as well.

I have recently tested AAA with ACS but have switched back to non-ACS with Local authentication. Discovering devices finds new devices I've placed in the network and lists them in the Device Discovery results but they don't appear in the DCR. Data Collection fails to pick anything up for them.

This is obviously a common bug. Anyone got a resolution for this?

There are three reasons why you wouldn't see the devices in LMS 2.5 when integrated with ACS:

- You are using the ACS appliance, which is not supported until LMS 2.5.1 release

- You haven't added the LMS System Identity User to ACS, and given it full access to LMS applications

- You do not have your devices as clients in ACS

Looking at my configuration it is the last point that I don't have.

Do I just add the devices as Tacacs+ devices in the Network configuration of ACS ??

Thanks for your help

Paul

Yes, that should do it.

Is there a scheduled release date for LMS 2.5.1?

Last I heard, it should be out within a month's time.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card