Views
Helpful
Replies

delete eem applet from within applet

colinfielder
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

just picked up eem & here is my problem...

I have very many devices that the config need ammending. Now the tacacs server address on all devices will be changed via Solarwinds NCM & when it does this I need the "^no tacacs-server host x.x.x.x$" command to trigger another change to re-configure the netflow server via eem applet. This works fine but it is a one time change so I want the applet removed with a cli command once the netflow server is changed

event manager applet notac

event cli pattern "^no tacacs-server host x.x.x.x$" sync yes default 5

action 1.0 cli command "enable"

action 2.0 cli command "conf t"

action 3.0 cli command "no ip flow-export destination x.x.x.x 9998"

action 3.2 cli command "ip flow-export destination x.x.x.x 9998"

action 3.3 cli command "no event manager applet notac"

action 4.0 cli command "exit"

action 5.0 cli command "wr"

set 6.0 _exit_status 1

The problem is once the applet is removed the write command does not load. I need to write after deleting the applet as I want no trace of it on the customer routers. Is thee any way this is possible.

Many thankx

1 Reply 1

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Newer release of IOS will not terminate after unconfiguring the applet.  Though this behavior is the subject of much debate.  There's no great solution on your version of IOS.  You could configure another applet from within this applet that will remove the notac applet, but then you'll be stuck with this other applet.  What you might consider doing to at least "disarm" this applet is replace action 3.3 with:

action 3.3 cli command "event manager applet notac"

action 3.4 cli command "event none"

action 4.0 cli command "end"

This way, the applet will only be runnable manually.  Alternatively you can remove the event altogether.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: