Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Device Enrollment On Mac

I have a MacBook Pro 2017 and I keep getting a pop up message that "Cisco Systems can automatically configure your Mac" Apparently the Mac device enrollment is still active. How can this pop-up be stopped  ?

4 Replies 4

omz
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello 

The device is enrolled in DEP when purchased or MDM ..

until its removed from DEP or MDM .. you cannot stop the pop-up.

Trust me you cannot stop the pop-up .. maybe if you have a firewall and restrict access to Apple or MDM provider the pop-up may stop.. otherwise .. every time it will connect to the Internet .. pop-up will appear. 

Thanks OMZ

Any idea how I can have it removed from DEP or MDM ? Thankfully this is a Cisco Community and the enrollment was apparently done by Cisco Systems, given the pop up message "Cisco Systems can automatically configure your Mac"

Did you purchase the MacBook brand new yourself?

If its used purchase, you need to ask where ever this is enrolled to remove it. 

If it's used then I suspect it belongs to Cisco Systems. 

I purchased an MBP used through the IBM refurbished store. I get the Cisco enrollment request at every connection. Since, as you indicate, that the device previously belonged to Cisco and this is a Cisco forum - how do I request Cisco to un-enroll / remove the device? Where can I send a simple email with my endpoint serial no.?