cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Device removed from network still being discovered by CiscoWorks

ksowell
Level 1
Level 1

I removed from the network a few months ago. Campus Manager is somehow still discovering this device as an unconnected device. I've deleted it from the RME inventory and Campus topology, but it is still being discovered. How do I stop it from being 'discovered'.

4 Replies 4

steve.busby
Level 5
Level 5

Is the device listed in Server Configuration> Setup> ANI Server Admin> Discovery Settings as a seed device?

HTH

Steve

No, it's not listed as a seed device since being removed from the network. It was a seed device when on the network, but it was removed from the seed list when removed from the network.

Kevin,

I know you've done this many times, but please try these steps again (preferably while no discovery is taking place).

- Delete the offending device in each of the CW2K components (ANI/RME/DFM/CM/DM).

- Go back into ANI Server Admin>Discovery Settings and add the offending device to filtering criteria "Do not discover devices in these ranges". When you click Apply, let it perform the discovery.

If these steps don't work, please let us know what OS & CW2K version and patch levels you are running.

Some other thoughts I had:

- If you have ANI & RME synchronizing each other, you could get into a loop whereas you delete the entries in ANI/CM, but before you can delete them from RME, RME is updating ANI/CM with the device credentials. You can prevent this by not letting RME update ANI/CM (except when you do password/snmp community updates, then do a bulk update from RME to ANI/CM).

- Is it possible somebody has put a device on the network with the old IP address of the device you removed?

Steve

We use 'discover devices only in these ranges'. I deleted the device from the Topology services, then removed IP address range that included the switch device sc0 interface and the user LAN IP address range, which is no longer in use. After discovery, the switch did not show in CM Topology.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card