Views
Helpful
Replies

device still present after deleting in database

david de sousa
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

I have a problem with LMS 4.2, i had some device that i deleted from the LMS manually trough the inventory. ths devices are not present anymore in my infrastructure. but a few days ago, some alerts come back to the fault monitor with that device "not responsive", so i went in CLI to the DFM and remove all the devices not present. everything was good, but some days later, the alert come back again.

so, my question is: where the lms keep the informations about the devices? i thought it was in the DFM, but it seems there is another place.

any suggestion?

and to continue, i have some problem with VSS, i can't manage it perfectly, some days i can see the the port and ip in Fault Device Detail and some days i can't. i have some alerts about Interface VLAN down, but the interface AND the VLAN are not present anymore. i deleted the device, then rediscovered it, it works few days, then reappair... i'm just ready to burn all the LMS ^^

Some ideas?

thanks

David

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi David,

You have deleted the devices from DFM CLI you mean  dmctl ?

if yes and you are still getting alerts from DFM then it could be a database sink-up issue.

If these messages really bother you then I can suggest you to RE-Intialize the DFM database (  IF Possible ) but make sure you remove the .RPS files which have the  DFM databses transaction in it.

Below is the procedire to RE-INT DFM database:

1) Stop the daemons:

net stop crmdmgtd

2) Issue these commands from CSCOpx\bin folder:

perl dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=dfmEpm dmprefix=EPM

perl dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=dfmFh dmprefix=FH

perl dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=dfmInv dmprefix=INV

3) Delete DFM.rps and DFM1.rps:

CSCOpx/objects/smarts/local/repos/icf/DFM.rps

CSCOpx/objects/smarts/local/repos/icf/DFM1.rps

4) Start the daemons: 

net start crmdmgtd

For VSS , Kindly open a new thread.

Thanks-

Afroz

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi David,

You have deleted the devices from DFM CLI you mean  dmctl ?

if yes and you are still getting alerts from DFM then it could be a database sink-up issue.

If these messages really bother you then I can suggest you to RE-Intialize the DFM database (  IF Possible ) but make sure you remove the .RPS files which have the  DFM databses transaction in it.

Below is the procedire to RE-INT DFM database:

1) Stop the daemons:

net stop crmdmgtd

2) Issue these commands from CSCOpx\bin folder:

perl dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=dfmEpm dmprefix=EPM

perl dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=dfmFh dmprefix=FH

perl dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=dfmInv dmprefix=INV

3) Delete DFM.rps and DFM1.rps:

CSCOpx/objects/smarts/local/repos/icf/DFM.rps

CSCOpx/objects/smarts/local/repos/icf/DFM1.rps

4) Start the daemons: 

net start crmdmgtd

For VSS , Kindly open a new thread.

Thanks-

Afroz

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Hi Afroz,

thanks for the reply, effectively, i already did that, the problem was in the management, it seems some devices became "suspended" after the reinitialization of the databases. i re-managed it and it works good.

thanks

David

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card