Views
Helpful
Replies

Devices Not attempted in Inventory collection

skrowocsic
Level 1
Level 1

Hello:

When I do an Inventory Collection, the job doesn´t work with some devices and I have to restart the server.

The job doesn´t fail but the log ICServer.log doesn´t got any information and it works for hours and hours and when it finally stops I can see that devices are not attempted.

I have done some succesfull Inventory Collections with Cisco 3750 switches and 805 routes.

I have tried witch Cisco 2811 routers and 2950 and 2960 switches but it doesn´t work.

I have tried to update my LMS4.0.1 but it doesn´t find any actualization. However, in the Cisco download page there are some patches.

Thanks, Jonan.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

It looks like you have to open a TAC case as they are in best position to tell you which patch to install(if needed) to fix this or if any kind of upgrade is required.

you can always upgrade to latest version as it has fix for the older bugs. But you can try the following things and check if this resolves the issue.

1. from the output of "pdshow -brief" Check if ICserver is running.

2. from the location admin>system>softwae centre>device update. you can install avaialble packages.

HTH

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

srkala
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

check if the device credential verification job is successful for these devices. Also if possible try to delete and re-add the device with proper credentials.

Yes, the device credential is sucessfull. I have configured snmp RO, telnet and SSH access.

I´ll try to re-add the devices.

Thanks.

I have re-added a device, checked its credentials, but the Inventory collection doesn´t work.

Can you post the message when inventory fails

The Collection job give this information:

Job Results

No. of Devices Scanned: 22 

Duration: 5 hours, 44 minutes, 49.263 seconds 

Average Scan Time: 15 minutes, 40.421 seconds/device 

Job Result Description: Timed out. Make sure that ICServer is running. 

It has processed 22 devices succesfully, the rest are not attempted.

ICserver.log contains:

Exception in thread "Thread-20" java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: hwVersion

at com.cisco.nm.xms.xdi.pkgs.LibInventory.EntityMibHelperMethods.mapSNMPValsToPort(EntityMibHelperMethods.java:2278)

at com.cisco.nm.xms.xdi.pkgs.SharedInventoryCatSwitch.ContainmentAGI_ENTITY_Mib.mapSNMPValToCompAttributesProcValsEntExtActiveProcessor(ContainmentAGI_ENTITY_Mib.java:529)

at com.cisco.nm.xms.xdi.pkgs.SharedInventoryCatSwitch.ContainmentAGI_ENTITY_Mib.populatingTheChassis(ContainmentAGI_ENTITY_Mib.java:284)

at com.cisco.nm.xms.xdi.pkgs.SharedInventoryCatSwitch.ContainmentAGI_ENTITY_Mib.g$eval(ContainmentAGI_ENTITY_Mib.java:136)

at com.cisco.nm.xms.xdi.ags.ContainmentAGI.g$eval(ContainmentAGI.java:21)

at com.cisco.nm.xms.xdi.SdiEngine.initAndEvalAGIs(SdiEngine.java:383)

at com.cisco.nm.xms.xdi.SdiEngine.request(SdiEngine.java:309)

at com.cisco.nm.xms.xdi.SdiEngine.getDevRepr(SdiEngine.java:302)

at com.cisco.nm.rmeng.inventory.ics.core.CollectionController.run(CollectionController.java:687)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

Exception in thread "InvMiscThread1" java.lang.StackOverflowError

at java.lang.AbstractStringBuilder.append(AbstractStringBuilder.java:390)

at java.lang.StringBuffer.append(StringBuffer.java:224)

at com.cisco.nm.rmeng.inventory.ics.misc.InvMiscHandler.getQueueItem(InvMiscHandler.java:126)

at com.cisco.nm.rmeng.inventory.ics.misc.InvMiscHandler.getQueueItem(InvMiscHandler.java:137)

Populating RME Device Map Cache...

Populating CMF Mdf Cache...

inside checkForUpdate

inside checkForUpdate1

inside checkForUpdate2

checkForUpdate : true

checkForUpdate : true

Calling port record

I have got connection

Query : select top 50000 start at 1 a.DCR_ID,b.NetworkElementID,b.EndpointName,b.Description,b.ManagementState,b.EnabledState,b.Speed,b.isFlexLink,b.isSPANEnabled,b.ProtocolIfType,b.TimeOfLastState,b.SNMPIFIndex from DM_Dev_State a,IFEntryEndpoint b where a.NetworkElementID = b.NetworkElementID order by b.NetworkElementID,b.EndpointName

count1 : 17846

Port Record : 17846

Length of Port Record : 17846

Inserting page : 2

Length of Port Record : 17846

java.sql.SQLException: JZ0SB: ?ndice de par?metro fuera de rango: 13.

at com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.ErrorMessage.raiseError(ErrorMessage.java:533)

at com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.ParamManager.checkIndex(ParamManager.java:324)

at com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.ParamManager.setParam(ParamManager.java:374)

at com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybPreparedStatement.setParam(SybPreparedStatement.java:1181)

at com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybPreparedStatement.setParam(SybPreparedStatement.java:1174)

at com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybPreparedStatement.setInt(SybPreparedStatement.java:202)

at com.cisco.nm.rmeng.inventory.ics.server.DBRecordUpgrade.insertPortAttrRecord(DBRecordUpgrade.java:534)

at com.cisco.nm.rmeng.inventory.ics.server.DBRecordUpgrade.populatePortRecord(DBRecordUpgrade.java:420)

at com.cisco.nm.rmeng.inventory.ics.server.DBRecordUpgrade.populatePMCTables(DBRecordUpgrade.java:129)

at com.cisco.nm.rmeng.inventory.ics.server.ICServer.initialize(ICServer.java:151)

at com.cisco.nm.rmeng.inventory.ics.server.ICServer.(ICServer.java:76)

at com.cisco.nm.rmeng.inventory.ics.server.ICServer.main(ICServer.java:325)

My Java version is Java 6 standard edition update 22, build  1.6.0_22-b04.

It looks like you have to open a TAC case as they are in best position to tell you which patch to install(if needed) to fix this or if any kind of upgrade is required.

you can always upgrade to latest version as it has fix for the older bugs. But you can try the following things and check if this resolves the issue.

1. from the output of "pdshow -brief" Check if ICserver is running.

2. from the location admin>system>softwae centre>device update. you can install avaialble packages.

HTH

Hello:

ICserver is running and I update the devices regularly.

I´ll open a case.

Thank you very much.

Hello:

I opened a case and they relationed my problem with a known bug, CSCtq74925. They have provided me 2 patches and my inventory collection works perfectly.

Thank you for your help.

I faced the same problem but in Bug toolkit information is not available regarding patches/workaround (LMS 4.0.1) .

ICServer.log:

inside checkForUpdate1

inside checkForUpdate2

Returning false since port table has entries

checkForUpdate : false

Exception in thread "Thread-20" java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: hwVersion

at com.cisco.nm.xms.xdi.pkgs.LibInventory.EntityMibHelperMethods.mapSNMPValsToPortPOE(EntityMibHelperMethods.java:3699)

Can You help?

If it is a Windows server:

lms4.0.1-win-consolidated-rme-sept2011.tar link

If it is a Solaris server:

lms4.0.1-sol-consolidated-rme-sept2011.tar link

There is a readme file with the patch which will help you install it.

Great! Thank you very much. Patch was applied and now IC is working.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: