cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DFM problems

spasternacki
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, One of my customers has lms 3.0.1 with dfm 3.0.4 (recent update last week). This was a brand new install of LMS3. Around 2-3 months ago I applied the 2007 patch and then did software updates on the individual applications. RME & CM seem to be working fine, but DFM is having issues. The main DFM page says to look at the AAD.log in "High Severity Alerts" section (AAD.log attached). Log appears to be filled with java exceptions.

I checked previous posts on NetPro related to similar DFM errors, and I applied/verified solution, however nothing worked for me.

I most cased the reason of the issue was related to the name resolution, but in my case resolution works fine (Resolution.txt)

"pdshow" listing is also attached. Removing pidm.log doesn't work either, as after reload/restart this file appears on a system again.

I hope someone can give me suggestions where to go now :)

Regards,

Seba

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Then your database is most likely corrupt. Shutdown CiscoWorks Daemon Manager, and run:

NMSROOT\bin\perl NMSROOT\bin\dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=dfmEpm dmprefix=EPM

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Your EPM database is down. Do the following:

net stop crmdmgtd

del NMSROOT\databases\dfmEpm\dfmEpm.log

NMSROOT\objects\db\win32\dbsrv9 -f NMSROOT\databases\dfmEpm\dfmEpm.db

net start crmdmgtd

Thanks Joe,

I will try it tomorrow morning.

Unfortunately it didn't work for me; I mean problem remains the same.

One of the dmf processes (I think it was dfmEpm) stuck in Starting phase.

Any further hints?

Regards,

Seba

Then your database is most likely corrupt. Shutdown CiscoWorks Daemon Manager, and run:

NMSROOT\bin\perl NMSROOT\bin\dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=dfmEpm dmprefix=EPM

Thanks Joe.

My DFM is up&running :D

Happy New Year!!!

Cheers,

Seba

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco