cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Digi PortServer - Console Connection to 3850 Switch - Priv 15

Sinaunang
Level 1
Level 1

For some reason that I have not been able to figure out (yet) my out-of-band connection to a 3850 switch (running Cisco IOS XE Software, Version 16.12.08) via a Digi PortServer is allowing me to connect correctly with a verified Priv 15 but when I execute commands I do not see the results expected.  For example:  "show interface status" should show me the 48 ports but is only returning the first 11 (Gi1/0/1-11).  I do a "show running-config" and I get less than 1 screen of the configuration.  If I pipe the output to include something specific then I can see more; with the exception of the "show interface status | i Gi" that still only returns the first 12.  For some reason I see 1 addtional port this way.   I do not have parser views defined nor active. Anyone else seen this odd behaviour and perhaps have a "fix" for it?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello @Sinaunang 

After connect to the switch, run the command:

terminal lengh 0

When connecting through DIGI the terminal lengh is reduced by default.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Hello @Sinaunang 

After connect to the switch, run the command:

terminal lengh 0

When connecting through DIGI the terminal lengh is reduced by default.

Sinaunang
Level 1
Level 1

Figured it  had to be something simple that I was "blinded" by.  Now I can see all ports and configuration without truncation.  Thanks for the inform as I didn't really want to be locked into using the USB port for out of band connectivity .

SW1#show terminal | i eng
Length: 24 lines, Width: 80 columns

SW1#show terminal | i eng
Length: 0 lines, Width: 80 columns

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card