cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Disabling certain notifications in LMS 4.0

wwanjohi123
Level 1
Level 1

Am running LMS 4.0 on windows 2003 server, i would like to disable or remove notifications with the EventName 'ExceededMaximumUptime' and 'BackupActivated' on the device fault summary view. How do i achieve this? This will help in only monitoring fewer notifications.

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There are a few ways to do this.  The easiest would be to disable those events altogether.  Go to Monitor > Fault Settings > Setup > Threshold Settings, and select DFM > System Defined Groups > Interface Groups > Backup (and Dial-on-demand).  Click the Edit button, then check the box to disable all thresholds for this group.  Save your changes, then go to Monitor > Fault Settings > Setup > Apply changes.  Apply your changes, then those events should be disabled.

Hi Joseph,

I have the same wish - to disable the ExceededMaximumUptime notifications in the Fault Monitor. I did what you have described in the previous post, but i still receive such notifications. Maybe I'm missing something, could you please assist? I've attached an example screenshot. I'm running LMS 4.0 on Windows Server 2008.

Please start a new thread for your issue.