Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DLSW Traps

Hi Team,

Our goal is to be able to monitor the DLSW peerings on our routers via Solarwinds. Can you please advice what would be the best approach to this? Should I use EEM or should I just simply configure the following and match in on Solarwinds

snmp-server enable traps dlsw

Currently, the involved router has two DLSW peers.

RTR#sh dlsw pee
Peers: state pkts_rx pkts_tx type drops ckts TCP uptime
TCP x.x.x.226 CONNECT 75688 75688 conf 0 0 0 3w3d
TCP x.x.x.225 CONNECT 6039734 3344121 conf 0 1 0 3w3d

I'm pretty new to SNMP traps so hope you could kindly point me to the right direction.

Thanks in advance.

4 Replies 4

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It would be easiest to configure DLSw traps assuming Solarwinds can support them and they offer the visibility and coverage you need.  I cannot answer those questions, so I would recommend you turn them on and see if Solarwinds provides you what you want.

That said, if they don't work, you'll need to provide more details about Solarwinds is looking for in terms of DLSw monitoring.

Thanks for the response Joe. Will enable dlsw traps and will update you.

Though previously, before we decided to use traps, our monitoring team was asking for the OID to monitor dlsw peerings, whether connected or not. I'm wondering if this is what they are pertaining to?

http://snmp.cloudapps.cisco.com/Support/SNMP/do/BrowseMIB.do?local=en&step=2&submitClicked=true&mibName=CISCO-DLSW-MIB#dependencies

"ciscoDlswTConn"		"1.3.6.1.4.1.9.10.9.1.2"

Just to update, I checked our Solarwinds and it seems the following has been installed.

CISCO-DLSW-EXT-MIB:cdeTraps.2 

You should also have them load the DLSW-MIB.  The CISCO-DLSW-EXT-MIB depends on this.