Helpful
Replies

DNS

_Zy._
Level 1
Level 1

Could someone please help me to check?

Q1:
key in Internet Server’s domain name, verify that Patient Smartphone, PC1, PC2, PC3, Emergency Server
and Doctor Smart Phone are able to access Internet Server (internet.com).

Q2:
Verify that Patient Smart Watch, Patient Smartphone, Patient Implanted Glucose Meter
and Doctor Smartphone can ping Hospital Emergency Server via domain name hospital.com.

So far, Just available to access the Internet Server(Internet.com) with Smartphone.
While I tried to ping the Hospital.com from the Smartphone it shown.
"ping request could not find host hospital.com. please check the name and try again."

(I DO CHECK WITH THE SPELLING, IT'S CORRECT. Might need to configure about the DNS Services maybe?)

What should I have to set or configure while able to access the "Internet.com" at the same time able to ping "Hospital.com" from there as well?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Add only one DNS server which is 8.8.8.8. Then, on the DNS server you can add two entry:

internet.com - 8.8.8.10

hospital.com -218.18.18.20

FlavioMiranda_0-1685267837545.png

internet.com and hospital.com are HTTP/HTTPS server while 8.8.8.8 is DNS server. 

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Hey @_Zy._ 

You need to have two entry on the DNS server. You already have one entry for internet.com, you need another entry for hospital.com

Then, you can point to 8.8.8.10 just like you did for internet.com or you can add another server to represent hospital.com and use a different IP address.

Ya, I can added another entry for hospital.com by just added another DNS in the server. 

But the Q2 is asking to Verify that Patient Smart Watch, Patient Smartphone, Patient Implanted Glucose Meter and Doctor Smartphone can ping "Hospital Emergency Server via domain name hospital.com."

DNS.png

I have no idea about here, or maybe I miss out certain of the configuration.

I manage to fix the problem.

You had some problems with addressing.  You use mask /30 on router ISP and /24 on Hospital router.

And you are missing some routes also.  Take a look on the file I am attaching and compare to fix yours.

I'm tried your also can't even able to access the "Internet.com" and ping for the "Hospital.com".

I was just followed the question to do those configuration. Might be the question having some issues.

_Zy__0-1685207406035.png

Nevermind, I'll go through with these. Thanks for your assist. 

Thats too bad. I was able to ping on my machine to hospital.com

Maybe is something with you file.

FlavioMiranda_0-1685209017954.png

While I added the 218.18.18.20 for Hospital.com it will be able to ping to "Hospital.com"
If added for 8.8.8.8 it will able to ping to "Internet.com" and unable to ping the "Hospital.com"
is it have a configuration could both able ping at the same time.

_Zy__0-1685265341918.png

Add only one DNS server which is 8.8.8.8. Then, on the DNS server you can add two entry:

internet.com - 8.8.8.10

hospital.com -218.18.18.20

FlavioMiranda_0-1685267837545.png

internet.com and hospital.com are HTTP/HTTPS server while 8.8.8.8 is DNS server. 

You're right. I manage to solved the issues, by just adding the "Internet.com" & "Hospital.com" into the same DNS Server. and also found out some issues with the Lab Question, missing certain part of the routing. In the end, if was able to ping each others from anyway. Thanks your assistance. @Flavio Miranda 

_Zy__1-1685266636527.png

Very Nice exercise. A lot of concept:

Routing, NAT, DNS, mobile, Wi-Fi

It's bring me to joined Cisco Community this Big Family.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card