cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Documentation on advantages on adding switches to Cisco Prime

Fahad Siddiqui
Level 1
Level 1

Currently we are running Cisco Prime Infrastructure 2.2. We only use Prime for access point management and monitoring. We use Solarwinds Orion to monitor our switches. I sat in a Cisco Live class 2 years ago on LAN Management with Cisco Prime. Pretty much got out the class that you can do end to end troubleshooting using Prime. Did a bit of googling on this, but couldn't get the answer I was looking for. My question is, what will I get by adding switches to Prime as oppose to keeping them in Orion? I need a few good points to sell them to the business. Are there any documentation on this ? 

Thank you

1 Reply 1

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Main thing is central configuration management and rollout to all devices , when you have a network of 1000 plus cisco routers/switches globally and someone in management decides lets roll out new passwords thats when you want prime , do it once push it out

Compliance for running checks against configs and best practices for specifically cisco devices , extremely flexible with programing options/templates

PSIRT reporting eol/eos/eox and software vulnerability checks per image type for bugs

ACI APIC-EM support /ACS view/IWAN support/ISE/WAAS

Prime 3.0 and above has become very powerful and flexible and integrates now with other csico systems