Views
Helpful
Replies

DOWNTIME ON MERAKI DASHBORD

Sencyty
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone,

I am kind of new to Meraki dashboard. I noticed a down tine of less than a minute on all my Meraki Access switches connected to my dashboard earlier hour of today around 1am. I checked the MX95 to see if theres any upgrade that could trigger a reboot but none. I have been trying to figure out the root cause of the problem. Even though it has no effect on the production but to fore store future occurrence and know what exact trigger the downtime. all the access switches went down and back up almost same time for less than 30 seconds. All positive contribution will be appreciated.

Thank you.

5 Replies 5

Hi

Cisco switch show the "last reload reason", not sure if meraki also have this possibility.  Could be an important informatiion. By any change it can be power outage?

Thank you it could surely be a power outage.

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

There is no way to tell for sure without opening a support case.

It could be an internal issue, like a switch reboot, power issue, etc.  If could be an ISP issue - perhaps they had a link go down and their routing convergence time is 30s.  And it could be a Meraki issue.  Maybe they had their monitoring system go down briefly (either via a fault or perhaps part of a rolling upgrade).

Hi guys,

Another clue could come from monitoring MERAKI's API, If this failure has happened with only one device, I would not care on I will be talking,  However, if it perhaps has happened with more than one device within the same period, I would not take the API connection for granted. I Have had some issues in the past affecting a bulk of devices in different locations.

Cheers

Hello,

to add to the discussion, did the switches actually go down, or is it just the Dashboard that shows downtime ? In the latter case, it could be part of regular Meraki System Maintenance...although I am not sure if that would involve the Dashboard being disconnected...

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Cross-Platform_Content/Meraki_System_Maintenance_Overview_and_FAQ