cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Duplicate Device After Upgrade to 2.5.1

zengxing
Level 1
Level 1

When I upgraded from LMS 2.2 to LMS 2.5.1, for every device in my original database, there are two entries in LMS 2.5.1. One is the given the sysname, and the other is given the DNS name.

For example, for a router r1, I will see an entry called r1, and the other one r1.test.com. They are pointing to the same IP address.

I have scheduled download of configuraiton files. The DNS name record will alwasy fail, while the other one will succeed.

Anyone has encountered this issue before? What is the cause and how can I solve the problem?

Thanks!

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Both DFM can Campus Manager have been known to cause duplicate devices in DCR. However, all known causes have been fixed in LMS 2.6. To resolve this issue, you can either remove the duplicate devices from DCR, or use the RME > Devices > Device Management > Alias Devices interface to resolve the aliases.

So do I need to remove the duplicate before I upgrade to 2.6, or the upgrade will take care of the duplicate automatically?

You will need to remove the duplicate devices yourself either prior to or after the upgrade.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card