Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

EEM - How to use argument passed into applet in a CLI command

Level 1
Level 1

I have an eem "none" event applet that uses a wait action.  I'd like to be able to pass in the number of seconds to wait as an agument to the applet.  I'm able to use applet agruments ($_none_arg1, etc.) within CLI commands where a WORD is expected, but this doesn't seem to work when the command parser is expecting a numeric value.  Is there something I need to do to escape the argument in order to get the parser to accept it?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Level 1
Level 1

Based on my continued familiarization with EEM, it appears that the eem CLI parser isn't equipped to accept "$" variables representing numberic values.  Thinking about it, this would require run-time evaluation of these values, which is not a reasonable ask of the eem applet environment.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

action xxx cli command "event timer countdown time xxx"
did you try this ?

The parser doesn’t like $_none_arg2 as a value for “time”. 

I will try that when I have access to the equipment again.  I hope it works, but my concern is that the CLI parser only wants to see numeric characters for that argument, and doesn't know how to derefernce any variable starting with $.

Level 1
Level 1

Tired, that didn't work.  The parser only wants to take a numeric value, so it appears that's either as designed/needs a feature enhancement request.

Hello,

can you post the entire EEM script you are using ?

Level 1
Level 1

Based on my continued familiarization with EEM, it appears that the eem CLI parser isn't equipped to accept "$" variables representing numberic values.  Thinking about it, this would require run-time evaluation of these values, which is not a reasonable ask of the eem applet environment.