Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Error Problem

I want to connect IBGP and EBGP but i can't 

Cisco packet tracer show this Msg.....

%Cisco Packet Tracer does not support internal BGP in this version. Only external neighbors are supported.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Seems like a limitation of your current Packet Tracer instance, try latest version - if applicable

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

View solution in original post

Hello,

I agree with @marce1000 . iBGP is not supported in Packet Tracer. I get that message even when running version 8.1.1 (the latest):

Router(config)#router bgp 1
Router(config-router)#bgp router-id 1.1.1.1
Router(config-router)#neighbor 1.1.1.2 remote-as 1
%Cisco Packet Tracer does not support internal BGP in this version. Only external neighbors are supported.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Seems like a limitation of your current Packet Tracer instance, try latest version - if applicable

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

It does not work

Hello,

I agree with @marce1000 . iBGP is not supported in Packet Tracer. I get that message even when running version 8.1.1 (the latest):

Router(config)#router bgp 1
Router(config-router)#bgp router-id 1.1.1.1
Router(config-router)#neighbor 1.1.1.2 remote-as 1

paolo.macchi246
Level 1
Level 1

I agree with @marce1000 . iBGP is not supported in Packet Tracer. I get that message even when running version 8.2.x (the latest).

I'm sorry, but why can't it be fixed?

Well, firstly, it's not really broken, i.e. it doesn't need to be fixed.  ; )

What the issue is, PT just doesn't provide support for iBGP; just as it also doesn't support many, many (many) other features found in the "real McCoy" IOS versions.

Could Cisco add support for iBGP?  Very likely they could.

But, consider PT is a basic (and free) training tool.  I suspect, at the moment, they see no reason to add support for iBGP.  Of course, they might change their mind and add it later.  (Much has been added to PT over the years.  [Also, what it does support, now more often works "correctly" too.])

If you want something that does support iBGP, and much more, Cisco's CML personal, is available.  The most basic version, I believe is $200 for a year's subscription.