Views
Helpful
Replies

Export Data for Prime Infrastructure frozen

Nathan Jones
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, 

I am attempting to export the database from Prime LMS 4.2.3 so that I can import it into Prime Infrastructure. It appears as though the Export Data utility has frozen or gotten stuck. It's been about 20 hours and still shows Device Data & ExportOnly Data as 'progress'

I have tried several things already with no success or change.

1) Restarted the Daemon

2) Restarted the entire host machine (windows)

3) Have tried stopping the CmfDbEngine & RMEDbEngine processes.

I am guessing there is some file in LMS that has become corrupted or needs cleared out. 

Any thoughts?

Thank you!

2 Replies 2

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi ,

Nothing much can be imported to PI.

I would suggest you to just export the devices list from LMS and import it in PI .

running script will not help.

Thanks-

Afroz

***Ratings Encourages Contributors ***

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

That's, odd because the interface along with supporting Cisco documentation indicate that its possible to export the DCR or do a complete database export for PI.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/cloud-systems-management/prime-infrastructure/guide-c07-731626.html#_Toc386763609

At this point I'd be happy being able to simply get the DCR data, and I'll do the rest of the configuration myself, but the entire export to PI feature is stuck/frozen/inop (Can't export Device List, or Complete Data).

I tried selecting all devices in the DCR (Inventory > Device Administration > Add/Import/Manage Devices) and exporting the data that way to a csv. But the formatting of that csv isn't in a format that PI likes.

I suppose I can spend the time re-organizing the data in the CSV but given the amount of data that will need copied/pasted/edited there's a lot of room for mistakes.