cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Failed to upload MIB file to Prime Infrastructure2.0

sam wang
Level 1
Level 1

I have an issue with the Prime Infrastructure 2.0  .    I would like to use the PI 2.0 to monitor UPS by SNMP .   I tried upload the UPS'MIB (Pls,see attachment) to Prime Infrastucture.   However it  prompts me for the following error message, any idea?

PI Version:  2.0.0.0.294

Device: UPS (company APC,  network card type is 9630)

PI2.jpg

Can some one tell me if the PI supportS the third-party device(UPS) and how to install the third-party MIB to the PI2.0?

Thanks a lot!!

Shan

sam wang
2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

It seems the PowerNet-MIB didn't import the Integer32, I have modified version of the MIB with Integer32 imported. And If you Upload this MIB it should loads fine.

However in the System where you have already uploaded this original version of the MIB and got "undefined symbol 'Integer32'" uploading the correct MIB may fail with some other error.

So to recover from the current situation. Please follow the step.

1.  Go to /opt/CSCOlumos/conf/da/mibs/userprovided/ and delete the MIB

2.  Restart PI

3.  Upload the attached MIB

-Thanks

Vinod
**Encourage contributors. RATE them. **

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

View solution in original post

You need to drop into the root shell first. Type "root" to do so. If it's not already enabled, you may need to first type "root_enable".

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

sam wang
Level 1
Level 1

The  error message is not too clear , I wrote down at here

Upload MIB

Error : Failed to load MIB File "powernet407" because Error: in : undefined symbol 'Integer32' Error: in : undefined symbol 'Integer32' Error: in : undefined symbol 'Integer32' Error: in : undefined symbol 'Integer32' Error: in : undefined symbol 'Integer32' Error: in : undefined symbol 'Integer32' Error: in : undefined symbol 'Integer32' Error: in : undefined s...

Select a file :  powernet407.mib

sam wang

It seems the PowerNet-MIB didn't import the Integer32, I have modified version of the MIB with Integer32 imported. And If you Upload this MIB it should loads fine.

However in the System where you have already uploaded this original version of the MIB and got "undefined symbol 'Integer32'" uploading the correct MIB may fail with some other error.

So to recover from the current situation. Please follow the step.

1.  Go to /opt/CSCOlumos/conf/da/mibs/userprovided/ and delete the MIB

2.  Restart PI

3.  Upload the attached MIB

-Thanks

Vinod
**Encourage contributors. RATE them. **

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

How will you use prime to monitor the UPS units? The only way I can see to view the traps is by adding a generic dashlet under detail dashboards which is a bit cumbersome.

Is there another way in PI you can look at the SNMP info from the UPS? Thanks for any help.

Hi Vindo,

Your help is greatly appreciated!!    But please forgive my knowledge lack of PI.

As you mentioned, I need  "Go to /opt/CSCOlumos/conf/da/mibs/userprovided/ and delete the MIB" .   I tried to use CLI to delete the MIB, but could not find the Directory out:

PI Version:  2.0.0.0.294  (Not Vmware,  it is hardware)

#dir

Directory of disk:/

4096 Feb 24 2014 12:18:30  Local_Backup1/

20 Nov 21 2013 13:23:06  crash

4096 Mar 01 2014 03:44:53  defaultRepo/

4096 Jul 28 2012 23:41:47  ftp/

16384 Jul 28 2012 15:52:58  lost+found/

4096 Jan 23 2014 12:41:38  run1/

4096 Nov 21 2013 13:22:08  ssh/

4096 Nov 21 2013 13:22:08  telnet/

4096 Mar 04 2014 22:14:08  tftp/

About your created MIB file, once I upload it,  I got another error message as following

Error : Unable To Load Mib: PowerNet-MIBCannot get table entry for cpsCardIdentTable

Thanks a lot for your help!!!!!

Shan

sam wang

Hello

I have the same problem with other SNMP MIBs.

Can You tell me how to resolve that.

I have nothing in the mentioned imported MIB folder.

regards

Darek

My experience,  try to use the chrome to instead of Internet exporte.  And try to reboot the PI, then update the MIB

sam wang

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Shan,

Re your latest Q1, you need to change directory up to root level to see /opt... directory tree. Your output indicates you're in the /disk directory.

The root shell is basically Linux so you can see where you are with "pwd" (print working directory).

Hi Marvin,

Thanks for your help.   But typing "pwd" is not work.   It is a hardware version.

NCS1/admin# show version

Cisco Application Deployment Engine OS Release: 2.0

ADE-OS Build Version: 2.0.6.003-px-build

ADE-OS System Architecture: x86_64

Copyright (c) 2005-2010 by Cisco Systems, Inc.

All rights reserved.

Hostname: NCS1

Version information of installed applications

---------------------------------------------

Cisco Prime Infrastructure

------------------------------------------

Version : 2.0.0.0.294

NCS1/admin# pwd

^

% invalid command detected at '^' marker.

NCS1/admin# cd..

^

NCS1/admin# sh

^

% incomplete command detected at '^' marker.

NCS1/admin# ls

^

sam wang

You need to drop into the root shell first. Type "root" to do so. If it's not already enabled, you may need to first type "root_enable".

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: