cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Failover active and to send CGI

farguisito
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Cisco 881G and would like to make the following proposal. I have 2 ISPs and would like to activate Failover, I think that I have no problem here but I would like when the main ISP fails and failover is activated, I want to send a CGI to notify a server this issue.

Also when the ISP will be recovered, I want to send another CGI again to recover the initial state of the server.

Could anybody help me ??

Thanks.

Regards.

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Can you clarify what you mean by "CGI" in this context?  Can you provide an example of what the desired flow might be?

Thanks Joseph for the interesting.

I have one PLC and I want to warn it when the ISP 1 is down. Then I don´t know if I can create one script or anything else to get this action.

The method for warn the PLC must be CGI "ip/setParam.cgi?Variable" for example.

What do you thing about this??

Thanks.

Regards.

This is possible using EEM and Tcl.  Have a look at the script I did as part of my CiscoLive zero touch work for an example of how to interact with an HTTP server.

http://www.marcuscom.com/viewvc/viewvc.cgi/marcuscom/switch-ztp/trunk/eem/tm_sw_autoconf.tcl?revision=20181&view=markup

Hi Joseph,

I have curiosity, 

Why are you executing this code?? Is this your principal code?? this is the first time that I see one TCL and EEM code.

Thanks for you help!!

Regards.

Not sure what you mean by "principal code," but I am running this to provide asset data over HTTP in order to facilitate zero-touch provisioning of switches.  The code pushes PID, serial number, and IOS version to an HTTP server that then replies with instructions on how to configure the switch.