cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Finding Unused Vlans !?

aringanisation
Level 1
Level 1

We have created more than 255 Vlans during last 5 years, and we know that eye-catching part of which are unused, 

I took a report from campus manager searching for Port Attributes to find out which port is assigned to a specific Vlan

but as long as there are numerous ports in trunk mode connecting to Virtual servers I can not find out if unsed vlans

which I exclude from the report I took are realy unused or not , I will appriciateed if any one can help me finding how can I find the unused Vlans.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Ali,

First of all I think that it is very important to know your topology.

In your case I think that checking the mac-address table will help you ( show mac-address vlan x | ex CPU ) - this is because of the trunk ports to Virtual Servers. And also show ip arp on the L3 equipments.

I think that this is a titanic work, this is why the best think to do is to fight every day to have a clean topology.

Dan

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Hi Ali,

First of all I think that it is very important to know your topology.

In your case I think that checking the mac-address table will help you ( show mac-address vlan x | ex CPU ) - this is because of the trunk ports to Virtual Servers. And also show ip arp on the L3 equipments.

I think that this is a titanic work, this is why the best think to do is to fight every day to have a clean topology.

Dan

Thank you so much Dan