Views
Helpful
Replies

Fixing Prime LMS 4.2 Best Practices Deviations

davemiddlewick
Level 1
Level 1

Quick question:-

Is there a way of running a fix for a large number of devices in one go or do I have to fix one line at a time?

I need to fix around 400 devices to turn CDP off on access ports.

Thanks               

3 Replies 3

AFROJ AHMAD
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Dave,

Use the Netconfig Option: create a Job for all 400 devices and you should be good.

check the below link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/netmgtsw/ps6504/ps6528/ps11200/deployment_guide_c07-683965.html#wp9001098

Thanks

Afroz

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

Thanks Afroz

Don't think NetConfig will do it (unless I'm missing something), the configuration changes will differ depending on the device, so there will be a large number of different jobs.  Anybody got any other ideas?

I resist the "disable CDP on access ports" recommendations as I don't agree with it. For one, It's useful and necessary for any Cisco VOIP deployment. It also is useful to see if someone has plugged in a Cisco switch or plugged one port into another port (I have seen both) in which case it can be used in troubleshooting.

I even have taken to turning on LLDP - especially for customers with Avaya VOIP since Avaya phones announce themselves via LLDP (and it's pretty easy to make servers do so as well).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: