Views
Helpful
Replies

Group membership in LMS 3.2 is not updated Automatic

Fantaw Tesema
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have grouped some IE 3000 switches which are not updated automatically when new devices are added.

Here are the rules used:

Device.Image.Version equals "12.2(55)SE3" AND

Device.Chassis.Model_Name equals "IE-3000-4TC" 

Membership Update Automatic and Visibility Scope Public are checked.

Others rules for ME3750, C3560, C3550, C2950 and C2960 are also not group updating.

Can you tell me how I can fix this?

Thanks.

Tesema

3 Replies 3

Vinod Arya
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Where do you wish to see these devices, under group. basically the devices to appear in User defined group should be made under common servces > group.

The above settings seems to be under RME groups. Please check in RME, if these devices comes under correct groups. As per rule, the device should only be a part of group once te inventory is done.

To confirm things are similar as per rule, try checking the Invenotry report to match device details.

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

Hello,

Yes, that is correct that the rules are made under RME. I have made a group name “IE-3000-4TC” as a container without any rule. Then under “IE-3000-4TC” there is a group “IE3000-12.2(55)SE3” with the mentioned rule. Both of them are under “User Defined Groups”.

Today, I have tried in CS but there is no a choice such as Image.Version as in RME. Making rules with Model or/and Series in CM does not work or not sorting the type of switches.

There are no changes in  RME Report Generator.

Thanks

Tesema

Hello,

I have solved this by deleting the old groups and creat groups again. This has increased to the actual number of devices in each group. But this is not a permanent solution so I will be grateful if you guys have a better solution.

Tesema