Views
Helpful
Replies

GUI Login not possible after upgrade to 1.3

Thomas M.
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Community,

we've just patched and upgraded 2 appliances from 1.2.1.12 to 1.3.0.20. The first one was clean and everything went fine. The second (productive) one made it through the upgrade process as well (ok, honestly: we forgot to ncs stop first). After the upgrade we still are able to login via CLI, but via GUI its just reject all usernames/passwords. Any help/hint would be very appreciated.

Cheers.

4 Replies 4

Rob Johnson
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

-Login to the CLI as the admin user

-enter the root_enable command and set a root password

-enter the root command then enter that password

-cd /opt/CSCOncs/logs

-grep ORA-28000 hm-0-0.log

if you get output returned containing "ORA-28000: the account is locked", you're hitting a known bug and will need to open a TAC case to get it resolved.

If you don't get output returned then my assumption was wrong

Thank you Rob. But "unfortunately" there's no ORA-28000 string in hm-0-0.log.

hello.

I have the same issue and i dont get anything in my hm-0-0.log regarding ORA-28000 either.

I have tried to add new users and reload th machine and so forth with no luck.

TAC engineer has removed all AAA-config on the database and now it's working with the earlier defined accounts. It seems somehow the AAA-config was activated because it was partly configured. Therefore login with local users was not possible (and TACACS wasn't working as well, because the config wasn't complete). Why it was activated after the upgrade? We don't know. But you might have ran into the same issue.

Cheers.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: