cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How Block Wireless signal

Manuel Nin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi! In my office I have my own wireless acess point. (Not cisco).

I have the wireless protected using WPA because I don't want my employes use their phones to chat and pass the day doing all kind of stuff, except work.

At this point I don't have problem.

The problem is that out there, there is a Wireless signal named: AP2828 and that wireless is unprotected and my employes are connecting to that wireless and keep chatting, watching videos, etc...

My question is... How can I block that wireless signal? Can I emulate the wireless SSID to confuse their devices?

I need a solution to keep my employes focus in their work, not in chat and all other things that piss me off!

What do you suggest ?

Thanks
Manuel

1 Reply 1

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
My question is... How can I block that wireless signal? 

Legally, you can't.  

If you know the owner of the AP you could, potentially, talk to them and ask if they can enable passwords.  

I need a solution to keep my employes focus in their work, not in chat and all other things that piss me off!

You can line your walls with a Faraday mesh.  That'll be a very expensive exercise.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: