cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How long does it take for Cisco Prime Infrastructure 2.0 to delete a device?

William Coats
Level 1
Level 1

I have been trying to delete devices from my Prime Infrastructure 2.0 installation since yesterday.  When I select the devices from the Device Work Center and click delete, a pop-up box appears stating that the delete will take a long time to complete.  I started the delete process yesterday for 3 devices.  When I went home the devices still showed as "Delete in Process".  When I check this morning, one of the devices still had that status.  The other 2 devices showed normal status.  The device with "Delete In Process" didn't try to update it's collection status last night.  The other 2 devices updated their collection status last night.

How do I get these device to delete from Prime?  It should take hours to delete the configuration information from the program.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Some process is definitely hung. Nothing should take overnight to complete, especially a simple operation like that (unless your server is seriously undersized / overutilized).

I would try cycling the server processes altogether ("ncs stop" and then "ncs start" from the cli shell). If that doesn't clear it up, you probably need to open a TAC case.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Some process is definitely hung. Nothing should take overnight to complete, especially a simple operation like that (unless your server is seriously undersized / overutilized).

I would try cycling the server processes altogether ("ncs stop" and then "ncs start" from the cli shell). If that doesn't clear it up, you probably need to open a TAC case.

The same problem occurs in Cisco Prime 2.1. I need to delete 2 devices but it says "Delete in Progress" all the time. I already did the ncs stop and start prozedure. Last night both devices  I have to remove the hardware from the data center, so i have to find a solution for that.

If i did understand your advice - i have to open a tac case to resolve the problem.

try to reload the server once . check the service status  "ncs status"

-make sure all the service are running then try to delete the devices.

hope it will help

Thanks-

Afroz

***Ratings Encourages Contributors ***

Thanks- Afroz [Do rate the useful post] ****Ratings Encourages Contributors ****

The start and stop procedure worked for most of my devices.  I had one device that still wouldn't delete.  I had to open a TAC case to get that device removed by Cisco.  If you open a TAC case, be sure to send in the log file from Prime when you open the case.  You can get the log by opening Prime and going to Administration, Logging.  There will be a section on the right half of the screen that says Download Log File.  Click the download button and wait for it to create the log file for you.  The zip file it produced for me was almost 500MB.  Then upload this file when you are creating the case.  Good luck with TAC.

To get the last device to delete, I had to open a TAC case.  They remoted in and ran commands on Prime which fixed the problem.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card