Views
Helpful
Replies

How to access GUI on Cisco Catalyst 1000 Series switch

SimonHeehaw
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I purchased a Cisco Catalyst 1000 Series switch model C1000-16P-2G-L just recently.  I was so excited to get it that I didn't do any setup, just literally unpacked it, plugged the power onto it and plugged in all my home networking.  My home network is 192.168.1.xx and my router is the DHCP server.  Everything worked fine.

I then wanted to access the GUI so I could monitor and configure the switch.  I followed the procedure in the manual but could not access the GUI (as per pic attached below "Procedure to access GUI").

So I gained access to the CLI via the console port and hyperterminal where I carried out the initial configuration.  I think I may have made some errors here.  Attached are the screen shots of the settings I configured.

I have made many attempts to access the GUI via port 1, IP address 192.168.1.2 with my laptop in the same range but no luck.  I have also tried 10.0.0.1 and 10.0.0.3 on port 1 with no luck.  I have also tried all these address on other ports and no luck.

This is my first time playing with a Layer 2 switch and I think I have stuffed it all up already..... wondering if someone can please help me?  I'm sure there would be a way to solve this via the CLI, I just don't know how to do that.

Thank you.

Simon

4 Replies 4

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Add to the running config : interface Vlan1

no shutdown

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Thank you for that.

I managed to do that successfully, see attached image of Vlan 1 now up.

How do I access to GUI from this point? 

Thanks

Simon

- http://192.168.1.2/     (since you gave that address to the switch). - You may also need ip http server in the configuration.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

The Catalyst 1000 Series switch platform provides a range of options to fulfill almost any small business network's requirements. All models include an easy-to-use web UI for configuration, management, and monitoring.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card