cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to change mgmt 0 on Cisco 3132Q switch

markw3
Level 1
Level 1

I need to change the mgmt 0, mask, and default gateway on a Cisco 3132Q switch and want to make sure of the command structure. Will the change be effective immediately or will it require a reboot? I will be performing a copy run start after the change.  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- These changes will take effect immediately. I would advise to make the change and check if it becomes available through the new network-parameter settings. I advise to check this first , ir it's available after the change, then afterwards save the config. Otherwise you could be locked out for 'eternity'. (meaning  - if it doesn't work, in that case a reboot should still give access through the old-network parameters for mgmt0)

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- These changes will take effect immediately. I would advise to make the change and check if it becomes available through the new network-parameter settings. I advise to check this first , ir it's available after the change, then afterwards save the config. Otherwise you could be locked out for 'eternity'. (meaning  - if it doesn't work, in that case a reboot should still give access through the old-network parameters for mgmt0)

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Thanks for the info!

I saw in a separate post the command list starting out in enabled mode:

conf t

interface mgmt 0

ip address 192.168.0.100/24

exit

vrf context management

no ip route 0.0.0.0/0 (old gateway information)

ip route 0.0.0.0/0 192.168.0.1

exit

copy run start

In the above situation I assigned 192.168.0.100 as the mgmt ip address of the VSM with gateway 192.168.0.1 and subnet mask corresponding to 255.255.255.0

I will be logging in locally through a serial connection so I can check remote access to the changed parameters before I reload.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco