cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to config email notification when the configuration was changed on switch ( PI 3.1)

petpkcui1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I want to receive email from PI  when some one changes the running - config on my devices (Switchs or Routers)

How can i do it with PI ???

Thanks for any feedback

4 Replies 4

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- You ask the question, as if anyone  can log on to a switch as on to a PC; which of course isn't the case; in a secured network switches are configured with sufficient strong access  and enable (secret) passwords. Further more configure ACL's from which only a few hosts (used by  network managers can access the switches).

Once this is done, use can use prime's auditing features, to regularly check for policy compliance; that is more elaborate (indeed); but it complies with the initial statement made in this post :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/prime/infrastructure/3-0/user/guide/pi_ug/compliance.html

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Tks M,
I know that i can use ACL to limit access, but with a lot of switches, it's very difficult to determine when some one changes the configuration and what is the devices is changed : maybe our administrators . So i want PI notify me when someone change these. :D

- Chasing your administrator's also isn't a good idea ; collaboration tools exist for that in ServiceNow for instance one  can make a change-request , this needs to be scheduled and motified ; hence a final authority , in this case you, responds with an approval for the particular change request from the administrator (better to work that way) (assuming that we are talking about a collaboration effort, at all times...)

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Tks M very much :D
I will take not this point . (sure ) :D
You always support me in most cases :D. I'm very thankful for that