cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to limit the number of MAC addresses seen from another device in the same VLAN?

fairbanksg
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Cisco 7606-S connected to a 3750. This connection is used strictly for out-of-band management and is an access switchport (switchport mode access and access vlan 50). VLAN 50 is our OOB VLAN. The 3750 also has connections to other devices on this same VLAN for OOB purposes. For security purposes I need to leave this connection between the 7606 and the 3750, as an access port (Not allowed to be trunk). I also need to enable port-security with a maximum of 1 MAC. The issue I am having is that I am seeing multiple MAC addresses on the 7606 coming from this connection (both the physical connection and the VLAN interface associated with it). Is there a way to filter the MAC addresses so that I am only learning one? I attempted to configure a mac address list as well as VLAN access maps but haven't had any luck. I'm hoping someone here can give a suggestion on what to try. I appreciate any assistance!

1 Reply 1

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You might look into making vlan 50 a Private VLAN and the 3750 port that connects to the 7606 an isolated port.